We know weight loss can be an uphill battle. At The Wellness Restoration Center we believe that Intermittent fasting has been found to provide protective, regenerative and rejuvenating effects.
Fasting and the Fasting Mimicking Diet
What does Intermittent Fasting do for you?
Fasting promotes health and longevity. We are hunter/gatherers. Because of scarcity, our ancestors did not eat all the time as we do now. They fasted in between each “kill”, feasted- then fasted again until the next ”kill”. All the studies now point to the fact that the less you eat, the longer you will live. Intermittent fasting has been found to provide protective, regenerative and rejuvenating effects.
- Decreases body fat
- Decreases body weight
- Preserves lean body mass
- Decreases inflammation
- Decreases levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Maintains healthy levels of blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Stabilizes IGF-1
What can you eat?
While you can eat anything you want, balanced nutrition is important so a Keto or Mediterranean eating plan will help to accomplish that. Maintaining your hydration is key.
Tips to start
- Cut back on caffeine (limit to one cup/day with no additives)
- Cut back on all sugar/ sodas and soft drinks
- Cut back on alcohol intake
- Take your vitamins and supplements (vitamin D3, K2, B12, Curcumin, Co Q10)
How do you fast – intermittently?
There are multiple suggested programs. Key, however, is the length of the fast. Select a six, seven or eight hour period to eat between. In other words, fast for 16, 17 or 18 hours everyday. Try it! It really works!